Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Country Mouse Synopsis Day Five


Notes of Importance:
1. When the sign says "To let" it is not a sign for the toilet with the i missing. By the way, the toilets in Ireland are superb compared to the ones in Italy.
2. I got a hat with ear flaps and mittens today. It'll go with my scarf made from the yarn I bought in Florence. I'm very happy with that.
3. My two favorite men in Ireland were #1 the man at the winery and #2 the bartender at the Quays Bar. City Mouse says it's because they gave me alcohol but I say its because they were friendly and funny.
4. The City Mouse made it to the speed limit and exceeded it for the first time today. Yes friends, Nicole Moore can drive below the speed limit. . . at least in Ireland.
5. When you see a great photograph worthy scene and you rapidly back up to shoot it, take heed of the large cement curb behind you and maybe don't run your rental car into it. All was well however, no visual damage.
6. In Ireland, the sheep roam the mountainsides and roadsides. They are spray painted with pink and blue dots. While you are looking at one sheep off to the side of the road, there may be a whole flock coming up the road toward your car. Make sure to test your bakes before heading out.
7. I've heard more American pop music in Ireland than I've heard in the U.S. for the past year. Even some music my sister would be proud of. I heard the new Maroon 5 and Avril Lavine songs for the first time and I really liked Hey there Delilah, which is now the theme song of our trip because we heard it so often.
8. So as in Ennis and Galway we got lost on our way back into Dublin. We were also out of gas. Don't ever run out of gas when you have no idea where you are or where the next gas station is- it'll give you an ulcer. Thank God for the lady who we probably scared to death at 10:00p.m. outside her apartment building who gave us directions. Because really, what were we going to do if we ran out? Call dad and ask him to bring some? No phone, dark, no idea where to go- that would have sucked.
9. So I'm super glad I made sure I had camera insurance before I left because right during the awesome sheep flocking toward our car experience my lens stopped working. No joke, the one time during the trip I was taking a picture of action instead of scenery and my camera won't work. So I missed most of it. Had a little panic attack for awhile while I thought it was the whole camera but discovered it was just the Autofocus function and if I press on the lens while taking a picture it'll still shoot, just not focus. (When I got home my dad told me that insurance doesn't cover things like the camera just breaking, so I guess it still sucks that my lens doesn't work.)
10. We ran across this beautiful Abbey today, on the side of a mountain and beside a lake. . . it just appeared all of a sudden. The Connemara (I'm not sure that I'm spelling it right, but it's a national park on the west side of Ireland) was beautiful, mountains and rocks and sheep. I think Ireland is absolutely gorgeous.

4 comments:

Jonathan Erdman said...

Very cool castle!

Unknown said...

Yes, nice photos Miss Moore! And I love the sheep video- since I missed the majority of the event staring at my camera wondering why it wasn't working. Those sheep were kind of cute. I also want to thank you very much for not including the video of me climbing out of the window on the blog. The photo of me with the guiness isn't really flattering but I suppose it is necessary. I'm still going through my photos. . . there are some good ones of you.

Hollywood said...

ok I want to live there...today...I'm moving...

Blogger said...

By using RentalCars you can get affordable rental cars at over 49000 international locations.