Thursday, December 10, 2009

AKRT Day 4 "Keep Going".


Let's see, where did I leave off? Oh yeah. Its Tuesday night and I'm sitting in the living room of our Couch Surfing host's home, waiting for him to return so I can meet him. His house is super cold and I don't feel comfortable enough to poke around and try and find heat so i just put my coat on and wait for him to come back. I was almost ready to just leave him a note and go to bed when he came back. I'm super glad I stayed up because we had an awesome time visiting. His name is Guy, and he's 29. He a sociology student at the University in Billings. We had a great conversation about weather, and age, and travel, and beliefs, and movies, and books, and people, and places, and life in gerneral. All while sitting in the freezing living room in our coats and hats. We are kindred spirits I have decided. Guy is someone I would definitly be good friends with if we lived closer. The we said goodnight and we didn't see each other again (he had left before we got up). Although he's txted me a bit checking on our trip and just to say hi. Another A+ for Couch Surfing.




And then we drove.
11 hours.
No fun side excursions this time.
Montana is freaking huge.
Drove through the rockies...GORGEOUS!
Drove across Idaho in the dark.
And into central Washington State.
Good times.




We arrived last night at Aunt Debbie's house in Zillah, WA where we will be hanging out for the next 2 days. Friday afternoon we will drive north of Seattle to board the Ferry that will take us up near Juno. I am super excited about the ship phase of the journey. Word from Alaska is that we may get to see the Norther Lights!!!!!!

ok...gonna chill for a day. Catch you on the flip side.
Mouse

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the trip is going well. I left you a message on facebook. Check it out when you have time. We are all following your adventures and enjoying the pictures. Love ya, Momma Moore

Anonymous said...

shouldn't have driven through Idaho in the dark! it's beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Good times....Good times....
Only the tiny littlest bit jealous. Have a WONDERFUL time on the boat.
Love, Stephanie

Jonathan Erdman said...

I fell in love with the rockies while driving through Montana....I vowed to the gods that I would return one day and claim a mountain for my own.