Friday, January 21, 2011

More about Kim

By the way, I'm in Haiti now. Arrival and airport transport all went well and we're at the Haiti YMCA in the cybercafe.
So back the DR. Kim ate six pieces of pizza and ice cream! We had a great time asking one another questions. The zoo and aquarium were both closed so we just ate and drove around. She didn't get disappointed or anything, they were all so sweet- It was her, her mom, her two sisters, a translator, a driver and the woman from Children International who works with Kim's family. It was a great day. Kim takes 12 courses at school and it's only an afternoon school. All three girls have great dreams for the future- to be a dentist, accountant and Kim wants to be a pediatrician. They sang and danced for me and tried to teach me a little. She asked three times if I would come back someday. . . and I think maybe I will.
My spanish is a struggle. I speak a few words and revert back to english!
I have to go to lunch now. I hope to tell you about the DR Y later.

No comments: