Sunday, February 22, 2009

Heading south....

as i may have mentioned, I am heading to Peru tomorrow. before you ever start (matt), NOT peru, indiana. peru, south america...just to clear up any confusion. I am definitly blessed to be able to head out into the world so soon after my last adventure, this past oct./nov. i would like to thank everyone who makes my life possible: the academy, my family who hold down the fort while i'm gone and deal with all the false emergencies, and my awesome girls, kayla, lauren, tammy, and bev, who run my store for me while i am running around the amazon jungle. so thank you. i will bring you all peruvian presents.

on this installment of "traveling city-mouse-style" i will be joined by my dear friend and former roommate, stephanie moore compson. for this blogging journey she will be referred to as "sister mouse" because before she got married, her last name was also moore, so i refer to her in present-day-time as my sister. i want to give a shout-out to her husband, lee, for letting me kidnap her for two weeks. we will bring you back a nice peruvian present too.

a little synopsis of our upcoming journey... traveling around the capital city of lima; navigating the worlds highest elevated lake, lake titicaca, on the border of peru and bolivia; staying with a local indigenous family and working on their farm; couch surfing in cusco; hiking through macchu picchu; staying at an ecolodge on the mountain top, taking a peruvian cooking class; possibly paso horseback riding across the sacred valley; and a three day excursion to an ecolodge into the amazon jungle, participating in canopy walks, caimen sighting, night jungle hikes, piranha fishing, kayaking into the mano bioshere, parrots, monkeys, snakes, and sleeping in a treefort under a mosquito net. it sounds a bit "survivorish" but i think it will be incredible!i cannot begin to imagine what the next two weeks have in store for us. sister mouse, i hope you're ready for this!! game on.

city mouse

1 comment:

Scott_A said...

I just went back to the beginning to read the story from the start. This was a nice synopsis of what's to come. You haven't even done anything yet and I'm jealous already.